Monday, March 26, 2007

How Orignal Am I?

I'm concerned that I don't think creatively enough. I like finding out about other people's good ideas and then telling all my friends about them. This is why the Internet is so helpful for me: it's chock full of good ideas (and, also, bad ideas; but I can usually recognize them for the bad ideas that they are and choose not tell my friends about them) ripe for the plucking.

Here is an idea which, I believe, is entirely my own: I want to start collecting Nerd T-Shirts. I'm very proud of this idea, because it is wholly my own. I'm not talking about T-Shirts that nerds wear; rather, I want the shirt itself to be nerdy. Here are two examples that I've seen actual people wear:
  1. A friend of mine wore a T-Shirt, the front of which was emblazoned with the Rosetta Stone. Here's the link.
  2. A camper of mine wore a T-Shirt advertising the Library of Congress. I couldn't find a picture of it online, but this alternative will serve our purposes: It was like this, but nerdier. I think his version had flying books.
This is one of my most original ideas. Be nice to it.

2 comments:

Gila said...

Who defines what "nerdy" is? I think the issue is inherently subjective (I like the word inherently, does that make me a nerd?). For example, if I wear a "Camp Moshava" t-shirt, some people might define that as nerdy. On the other hand, I think we can all agree that a shirt with any sort of mathematical equation on it is nerdy. But not to math people. I wholeheartedly support the idea- Nerds by Avi- but you might want to get a committee set up to review questionnable shirts.

Unknown said...

With all due respect, that comment, especially the part about the committee, was objectively nerdy. With that being said, I think I have some t-shirts for Avi's collection.