Monday, August 18, 2008

Measuring Up


I imagine this feeling is somewhat common in graduates of Yeshiva University: I'm kinda wondering how I stack up Out There. Sure, my grades were good in school, but how does that translate? I feel like I need some PECOTA-like system that lets me know what my GPA means in a different school.

It's not even that I'm having like serious self-doubt issues; I'm just curious.

My curiosity was somewhat (in a seriously trivial way) answered by my recent acceptance as a Deadspin commenter. Deadspin, this popular sports blog with around 10,000,000 hits a month, only allows comments by approved commenters. You basically have to try out by posting a comment, and if you're approved the comment is displayed and you have free comment-automony until you are executed, usually provoked by violating one of the three cardinal rules of Deadspin commenting:
First, be funny. Second, do not not be funny. Third, don't be a f'ing idiot.
I think I'm OK with the last rule, but I'm still working on the first two.

But, again, it's nice to know that at least the Commenting Guru thinks I'm not an f'ing idiot.

1 comment:

JoSF said...

I'm not quite sure what to say.